Conformance Reports and Foreign Standards / Certifications:
Important Note about SABS Approval
- There is no SABS standard for breathalyser screening devices therefore no stamp of approval can be given to any breathalyser screener in South Africa however please see below letter from the SABS Environmental Testing department relating to a foreign EU Standard for Screeners.
AlcoScan ALP-1 Law-Enforcement Breathalyzer Screener: EN 15964:2011
- Our Law-Enforcement Breathalyzer Screener AlcoScan ALP-1 meets the requirements of the European EN Standard - EN 15964:2011 for Breath alcohol test devices other than single use devices and the South African Bureau of Standards Conformance Report for this product is included below.
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances - EU directive
EMC EN 61326-1:2006 compliant
- Application of the CE Mark is permitted
Australian Standard AS 3547 - 1997
- Australian Standard for Breath Alcohol Testing Devices for Personal Use - BreathScan Disposable Breathalysers - both 0.02% BAC & 0.05% BAC.
- USA National Highway Traffic Safety Administration / Highway Safety Programs; Conforming Products List of Screening Devices To Measure Alcohol in Bodily Fluids
Arrive Alive gave us permission to use their logo in all our marketing initiatives.
The South African Department of Transport gave us a letter of recommendation for the work we do in January 2006
Letter from the SABS to Alcohol Breathalysers CC dated 18 March 2015 regarding AlcoScan ALP-1 Law-Enforcement Breathalyser Screener
Letter from the SABS to Alcohol Breathalysers CC (Previously Cool Ideas 1439 CC) dated March 20th 2008 regarding our breath alcohol testers
Letter from the Department of Transport to Alcohol Breathalysers CC (Previously Cool Ideas 1439 CC) (January 17th 2006)