Test Limit: 0.10 mg /L and equivalent 0.02% BAC
BreathScan Alcohol Test Procedure:
After waiting for at least 15 to 20 minutes after your last drink containing alcohol you can test.
If you are unable to wait for 15 minutes, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water before taking the test.
- Step 1: Open up and remove the BreathScan from its pack.
- Step 2: Give the middle section of the BreathScan a squeeze or Snap until you feel the inner glass casing break to release the yellow crystals
- Step 3: It's time to take a deep breath, then fix your lips over the one end and blow sharply and steadily for 10 to 12 seconds and then release from your lips.
- Step 4: Shake the BreathScan Tester and wait for 2 minutes and then tap the base of the BreathScan three times on a hard surface so that the powder drops to the bottom. Stand the BreathScan unit up vertically with the powder at the bottom on a flat surface.
- Step 5: Read the Results.
If you are on or above 0.02% BAC (The professional driver's legal limit in South Africa) the crystals will have changed colour from Yellow to Green.
- If the crystals change green it indicates a presence of alcohol in the breath.
- Light-Aqua or Green/Blue indicates a positive result.
- If most of the powder remains yellow it indicates a negative result or no presence of alcohol.
- The professional driver's legal blood alcohol limit in South Africa is currently set at 0.10mg/l or 0.02% BAC.
This product has an SABS conformance report.