Breathscan disposable breathalysers allow you to easily check your breath to determine if you or the person who is driving you is safe to drive.
Currently Available in Minimum Order Quantities of 10 units per order. One week delivery lead time after 100% pre-payment of order. Custom Packing and Logo Design Available on request for quantities of 5,000 units and up.
Test Limit: 0.10 mg /L and equivalent 0.02% BAC
Breathscan Test Procedure:
Wait for at least 15 to 20 minutes after your last drink before you test.
If you are unable to wait for 15 minutes, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water before taking the test.
- Step 1: Open up and remove the Breathscan from its pack.
- Step 2: Give the middle section of the Breathscan a squeeze or snap until you feel the inner glass casing break to release the yellow crystals
- Step 3: It's time to take a deep breath, then fix your lips over the one end and blow sharply and steadily for 10 to 12 seconds and then release from your lips.
- Step 4: Shake the Breathscan test and wait for 2 minutes and then tap the base of the Breathscan three times on a hard surface so that the powder drops to the bottom. Stand the Breathscan unit up vertically with the powder at the bottom on a flat surface.
- Step 5: Read the Results.
If you are on or above 0.02% BAC (The professional driver's legal limit in South Africa) the crystals will have changed colour from Yellow to Green.
- If the crystals change green it indicates a presence of alcohol in the breath.
- Light-Aqua or Green/Blue indicates a positive result.
- If most of the powder remains yellow it indicates a negative result or no presence of alcohol.
- The professional driver's legal BAC limit in South Africa is currently set at 0.10mg/l or 0.02% BAC.
This product has an SABS conformance report available