Trading Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of use
By engaging in a purchase from Alcohol Breathalysers Pty Ltd either directly in person, by mail order, by telephone, by email, by Take-a-Lot, through any reseller or via https://breathalysers.co.za/ or by using any part of our website you agree to all our Terms and Conditions as set out here as well as you agree to our Liability, Returns and Cancellation Policies.
Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty) Ltd, from now on referred to as Alcohol Breathalysers, holds the right to operate, manage and utilise https://Breathalysers.co.za/
Alcohol Breathalysers undertakes, at all reasonable times, to respect each and every customer or potential customer and to process each order efficiently and speedily.
Use of website
You may only use this website to browse the content and to make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchases. This website and the entire content provided on this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without consent. 'Deep-linking', 'embedding' or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorised use of this website and/or the materials contained on this website may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
When you click to make a purchase with us legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way to Alcohol Breathalysers, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this website unless you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase of any product through this website.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website; and/or
- Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the website. The website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Payment Method Policy
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). We accept credit card payments through this website and provide our banking details should you wish to make payment via EFT / Direct Deposit.
All payments made to Alcohol Breathalysers for breathalysers and services via the website https://breathalysers.co.za/ are facilitated by Shopify & PayFast (Pty) Ltd, a trusted and secure online payment facilitator.
Payments may be processed directly by payment in cash, by Sureswipe or by Credit Card Merchant Facilities in our offices or in person directly with one of our Sales Managers or Reps.
Value Added Tax at the rate of 15% is charged on all orders executed within South Africa. The price shown on the "Catalogue" includes VAT.
Delivery Options Policy
Depending on your location, delivery will be affected through the designated logistics companies "The Courier Guy", "Speed Services Couriers" , "DHL" , one of our drivers or an associated company to the stipulated destination specified in your online purchase.
Delivery Costs Policy
Costs for deliveries within the Republic of South Africa are added to a purchase once the "PayFast Shopify Check Out" has been begun. You can choose your delivery method and can also opt to collect your order from Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty) Ltd offices in The Gardens, Norwood, Johannesburg or Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa.
Additional costs may be charged for optional "quicker", "early bird" or weekend courier services which vary according to service provider, destination, and weight of goods to be delivered, and are available in the shopping cart.
Delivery Period (Dependent on Delivery Options Policy)
Delivery requires 2 to 7 business days from the date of online payment processing depending on stock levels at the time of purchase and 2 to 5 business days from the dispatch date depending on which delivery service has been chosen on Check Out. However delivery may take up to 21 working days when items are out of stock. The company will offer you alternative products in the case that stock is not available for an extended period of time.
Dispatch of Order Policy
Alcohol Breathalysers shall endeavour to dispatch your purchase within 7 business days of receipt of full payment of your order, in accordance with the conditions set out in the Agreement of Sale clause.
Returns & Order Cancellation Policy
Should you for any reason wish to cancel your order or purchase prior to delivery or collection of your order or within 7 days of delivery of your order you will be liable for a 25% of total order value handling fee as well as all reverse courier fees & all banking charges + any interest accrued at Prime.
You must advise us in writing of your cancellation and the person who affected the original purchase must sign any such cancellation or refund request and obtain signed authority from the Financial Director or Managing Director of the company requesting the cancellation or refund.
Any breathalyser, drug tester or associated accessory that has been handled or used even once cannot be returned or accepted back due to hygiene reasons and potential contamination of the breathalyser or drug tester.
Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty) Ltd reserves the explicit right to consider any refund requests on the specific merits of each claim and has full authority to make a decision on whether a refund or exchange is worthy based on Scientific Facts. Any successful refund will be finalised within 30 working days from the date of conclusion of a claim.
Agreement of Sale Policy
An Agreement of Sale between Alcohol Breathalysers and the purchaser will come into effect when the following conditions have been satisfactorily met:
- Full payment of order and additional delivery costs have been received
- Full instructions for delivery have been received
- Goods ordered have been procured if not already held in stock
Alcohol Breathalysers reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order as circumstances may dictate, without providing reason for such action.
Indemnity & Liability Policy
Alcohol Breathalysers cannot be held liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any of the following:
- Irregularity in workmanship or quality of breathalyser products and services supplied.
- Delays in delivery due to third party shipping disruptions (logistical disruptions) or availability of goods or any condition beyond our immediate control.
- Loss or damage of any nature, which is highly unlikely, caused by the products upon the customer when in use.
- Digital or Colour-Change or Printed or Photographed alcohol or drug test results obtained from any / all alcohol testers (breathalysers) or drug testers while operated by any person/s under the influence of intoxicating substances or chemicals.
Survey and Competition Policy Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty) Ltd Survey Competition (“Competition”) that is conducted by Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty) Ltd (“Promoter”).
- Alcohol Breathalysers Survey Competitions (“Competitions”) are organised by Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty) Ltd (“Promoter”) from time to time.
- Competition are open to all people residing in South Africa over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, in possession of valid identity documentation, except any employee, director, member or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director and/ or member of the Promoter (“Disqualified Participants”).
- By entering Competitions, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules as interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right at any time without notice to amend, modify, or change these rules, and to postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deem necessary.
- Competitions last 1 month. After this period, prizes will be given away via a raffle draw conducted by a Promoter.
- All winners will be notified by email as provided for in the survey or competition, as applicable, and a subsequent follow up call to confirm their details (to do this participant must reply to initial mail with their details).
- Prizes are announced ahead of publishing.
- Entrants will enter the Competition via responding to the entire Alcohol Breathalysers Survey on alcohol consumption and road safety. To stand a chance of winning one of the prizes, entrants will have to share their email addresses at the end of the survey.
- Participants may enter this Competition once.
- No automated entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually.
- If any entry was made in a manner which in the Promoter’s discretion provides the participant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, such Participant will be disqualified from this and all future competitions run by the Promoter; and participants are only eligible for 1 (one) prize each under this Competition.
- Prize winners will be selected by the Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty.) Ltd. team based on proactive engagement and will be selected via a random draw. The decision is final and binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the decision.
- Once winners are notified, they will have 48 (forty-eight) hours to respond to the winner notification. If the possible winner fails to respond within 48 (forty-eight) hours, the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner.
- Participants whose entries have been selected as winners will be notified telephonically within 1 (one) week from the date that received the email declaring them winner. The Promoter will advise all the winners when and how they will receive their prize.
- All Prize winners are obliged to behave responsibly and comply with the Competition rules and all reasonable requests of the Promoter and its agents.
- The Prizes are not transferable nor redeemable for any other goods. The Promoter however reserves the right to substitute Prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
- Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of the Competition rules, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All participants and/or winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, it’s advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, partners, suppliers and partners identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty.) Ltd, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or use of the prize).
- The Promoter may request the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting the prize or after having received their prize. However, the winner may decline the opportunity. The Promoter may use an image of the winner in whole or in part, and any reproductions thereof, worldwide for advertising, promotion, publicity or otherwise on any website for any media purpose and for any other lawful purpose whatsoever.
- The Promoter may require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these Rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- All queries relating to the Competition can be directed to Alcohol Breathalysers (Pty.) Ltd.
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
29 Plantation Road